SRPEDD has a long and proven track record of working with communities to produce desired housing and community development outcomes.
Housing is one of the most important aspects of an individual’s life and livelihood. A residence is more than a physical shelter or consumer choice – it’s a home – a place where children are raised, where individuals care for their family, where friends gather, where meals are cooked, where education takes root, where careers are launched and maintained, where pets play, where passions are pursued, and where some of our most important possessions are stored. It is also often an individual’s main financial responsibility. The quality, safety, and stability of an individual’s home has a great impact on their life and happiness.
Massachusetts provides a variety of housing laws and programs that enable cities and towns to focus on producing housing for their residents. SRPEDD has expertise in:
- Housing Production Plans (HPPs)
- Chapter 40R Smart Growth Zoning
- Chapter 40B Comprehensive Permits and Rules and Regulations for Zoning Boards of Appeal
- Chapter 40A Section 3A Multi-Family Zoning Requirement for MBTA Communities
- Transit-Oriented Development (TOD)
- Inclusionary and Incentive Zoning Bylaws
- Open Space Residential Design (OSRD), Conservation Subdivision, or "Cluster" Bylaws
- Housing Development Incentive Program (HDIP)
- Housing Choice Initiative (HCI)