What "R-TOWN" Does
A true partnership model, RTWN members meet bi-monthly to leverage our combined resources, knowledge, and skills, and work through an integrated watershed approach towards measurable results in order to:
- Advance both ecological and economic well-being by protecting natural resources;
- Promote ecological restoration;
- Integrate climate change concerns;
- Support future development patterns that use land and infrastructure efficiently; and
- Assist municipal officials and residents in meeting their local goals while considering a broader watershed perspective.
A resilient watershed is one that has the capacity to adjust to stresses and disturbances, while still able to provide valuable ecosystem services and functions, such as provision of a clean and plentiful water supply and flood protection. We are working together to identify and implement the most promising solutions that advance both ecological and economic well-being by protecting existing green infrastructure, promoting ecological restoration, integrating climate change concerns, and supporting programs and future development patterns that use land and infrastructure efficiently to improve conditions for all residents.